Tuesday, January 12, 2010

On the Run: NYC

Dropped off minutes ago at West 46th and 9th Avenue, in the Hell's Kitchen district of New York City, after a heart-pounding taxi ride through city traffic filled with (what appeared to this placid Atlantan to be) a couple dozen near-accidents scored by a chorus of angry horns and, on the radio, Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It" (shudder). Night is falling outside the Mercury Bar, which I picked in part because of its proximity to Amy's place, and also because of the Guinness sign overhead. It's basically a sports bar, but with classy leather booths and a friendly waitress named Lina who told me about a DJ friend of hers who I might be interested in contacting. So I am already networking. Amy and Paula will arrive soon; I'm writing to fill the time before their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment